Thursday, July 17, 2014

Willingness

I was given the challenge by my mission president to develop the kind of faith that could move mountains. I didn't realize how difficult it actually is to develop a kind of faith that can work mighty miracles. From what I have read of Paul and the feelings I have had about faith I really have had one distinct impression and that is the difference of faith and belief. Right now I am finishing up a science class and have studied the scientific process so thoroughly that I have a pretty good handle on what belief is. Belief is grabbing hold on truth that has been demonstrated and proven to be true. It could be proven through multiple witness', artifacts, research and science consensus. What I am learning and LOVING about faith is that extends beyond the human's capacity to believe and there is a relinquishing of will and then faith is there. It is our willingness to come unto Christ, to do as He asks, and testify of the truth we find in the world. So many people feel like, if they can't say they know with 100% of who they are, they are alienated from a class of people who say they walk in truth. I believe that Heavenly Father is aware of what we know, what we believe, and what we are willing to act on. It is in our acting on His word that will enable us to truly understand His work and words.

No comments:

Post a Comment